Sunday, September 11, 2011

Today has been good.

Today, I woke up.
I looked in the mirror.
I usually look in the mirror and think,
Look at that girl.
Who is she?
Is she pretty?
Does she like herself?

Today,
Was different.
I looked in the mirror, and I felt
Confident.
Happy.
and I might venture to even say I felt
Beautiful.

I looked at myself and I liked what I saw.
Now, I'm not bragging, and I'm
not saying I'm perfect.
Because I am definitely not.
But I felt pretty.
I felt like a princess,
a Daughter of God.

And as I stood in front of the congregation,
I was
Confident.
Happy.
and In my own eyes,
Beautiful.
I wasn't nervous about
what everyone would think,
and I felt like I was doing the right thing.

I am doing the right things.

Now, this might sound like a bunch of sap
from a girl who doesn't know left from right,
and couldn't tell pretty from ugly in the first place.

This could sound like one of those soap-operas,
one of those motivational speeches they give
girls who will never listen.
But its true.
And truth is,
Today has been good.


Now, on the not so pretty side.
Remembering 9/11.
Those of us in the US today
will never forget.
Its only appropriate
I mention the
Hundreds,
Thousands,
of lives we lost that day.
I remember:
First Grade.
I remember
That Same Video.
Of course, at the time
I had no idea,
what an impact this was having
on Millions of people.
Now, as I look back,
I could not
Imagine
What it could have been like to see those towers
fall.
If I had been 16 at that time, I don't know what
I would do
Or feel like.

I found this video on Mormon Messages that can help
us all realize the trauma
That people went through on 9/11.
It also shows us that
through Christ,
We can overcome all of our trials.


Have a wonderful Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment