Tuesday, January 31, 2012

shhh








Sometimes I don't feel like saying anything.
Don't be offended when I don't talk; I know it is quite unusual, and very rare, but if I don't start to immediately ramble,
Don't ask me if I'm ok. 
Don't try and bring up a new subject.
But most important, don't leave.
Just walk with me. Give me a hug. Somedays all you need to do is look me in the eyes and you'll know.
I hope you won't feel awkward. 
If you know me well enough, you'll understand. So following that logic, nobody will understand.
If you're a boy, you can just hold my hand.
It doesn't matter if you like me, or if we've ever talked.
I'll know you care if you don't say anything to me. You don't need to compliment me. You don't need to open doors. You just need to be there.
It's time our world took a deep breath to listen. Opened her eyes to observe. Quieted the gossip, the complaints, the pessimism. Stopped the telephones, internet, and streetcars.
The day that the people in this world just take one second to breathe, to think, to imagine, that will be the day when life creates its own perfection.
Turn off your music, stop talking, stop crying. Finish your conversation and listen to the teacher. The chaos of words piling into my head are in a constant stream that needs to be stopped. So will you, can you be the cork?





No comments:

Post a Comment