Monday, January 02, 2012

goodbye

I'm afraid this is the end.
I must depart from my love of couches, Pandora, fudge, and Fantastic Mr. Fox.  It's time to remember what I forgot two and a half weeks ago. Today is the day I am frustrated with Chapter 19 and Calculus re-takes. I have to finish my book, because if I don't, I'm afraid it will have to wait until spring break. After finally finding places in my room for my typewriter, canteen, spider catcher, candle maker, Ethiopia doll, and other such wonderful things, I pulled out my math packet and breathed a sigh of realization.
It's over. The two weeks I look forward most to out of the whole year have come and gone without much sha-bang, ka-pow, or sweet romance. Christmas break is a past memory once again and I will wait on next Christmas this next year, only to be dissatisfied once again, like always.
There isn't even any snow.
Now back to school, where it's almost impossible to dream bigger than you are, and possibly more boring than exploring a morgue. {which, a morgue is actually super exciting compared to a lot of things} But, that being said, school is opportune and as I understand it, a privilege. But I'm sad to report that my ungrateful and very human being has evolved into a school-disliking teenager (One of my New Year's resolutions is to stop using the word Hate.).
So, now what to look forward to? Who knows. The New Year? Looking ahead, I'm forced to realize that nothing very eventful is happening this year, and that I'm going to have to start becoming...an adult. Frankly, I have no idea what I want to be or where I want to go to school. Last year, I had what seemed like thousands of things to look forward to. I won't even be turning 18 this year.

It didn't even snow on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment