Sunday, October 23, 2011

do you believe me yet?

I believe in fairytales.
I believe in friends who will never really pull through.
I believe you will text me back when you never really do.
I believe the things people say about me that I know
Aren't true.
I believe the scary stories you hear when you're kids.
I believe you'll like me again
even though I may not have a chance.

I believe you don't know
when you do.
I believe I am good at dancing. (no comment on what you may think)
I believe I have talent.
I believe that if I keep a flashlight by my bed I will never see the dark.
I believe I can be a half-hipster and steal ideas that I think are cool.

But.

I also believe in Christ.
I believe in being my best self.
I believe I'll find someone who loves me
for who I am.
I believe I can be beautiful.
I believe in family.
I believe that ridiculous dreams can be realities.
But most of all.
I believe in you, and I believe in me.

For all those who have self-esteem lessons at church every week that
make you feel like a complete loser
Because you can't seem to pull 'pretty' out of your name.
I'm sorry. (same as me.)

Don't think I'm a copycat if you've done this before.
This list has long ago been written and could go on and on.
but whats wrong with me copying anyways?
After all, copying is
the highest form of flattery.

also.
my grandpa said I looked skinny today.
best compliment I have received all week.
from my grandpa, That. is the highest form of flattery. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe you're a good dancer. Especially when it gets late.

    ReplyDelete