Tuesday, April 03, 2012

impatience









I'm sitting, chewing my fingernails.
Waiting.
Hoping.
All at once it happens and its here and I want to cry.
I thought I would be ready, I assumed the best,
But never assume the best because you might find yourself facing the worst.
The false hope we have will never assimilate with reality.
The tears in your pillow never dissolve, and wet skin is cold when you sleep.
Nothing implausible is worth your attention,
not today,
not now.
Maybe when we're old, without a care and without
assignments to finish and children to feed.
But for now, you must
you Must
Forget. Forget the fantasies and dreams you find yourself swimming in so often.
For soon the lake will freeze over and you'll be caught in the ice
frozen, immovable in the water of dreams that was once alive.
I'm not implying a forced depression;
I'm not purposefully suffocating your imagination;
I'm reluctant to tell you this because I'm afraid it will destroy your smile.
Find happiness in life now, while you can.
Hide your silly wants in a corner of your mind where you can find it later, because
right now
the things that matter most are the people
and the things
and the moments
that are staring you right in the eyes.
So forget the dreams to find the truth,
and wipe the hopefulness out off your runny nose
and be satisfied.

2 comments: