Thursday, October 08, 2020

witchcraft

my stomach's a crystal ball--it can tell the future
it turns, and I'm reminded of the worry today, when you told me
and it settles into a dynamic flurry that loves to reject everything I give it. 
it tells me the future, and I think I can feel you; 
I can feel that you're hurting, and I can feel someone else holding you,
and I wish I could change this but I can't. 
did you know, nonbiological twins exist?
cut of the same heartstring, forever before the womb, forever before today,
I didn't know.
maybe it's just our stomachs tied together, I'm not sure
nothing seems to cure it, not time, not distance,
not talking,
not un-loving,
not even Pepto Bismol,
I sigh 
How can this be, that you experience things, and my body moves with you,
sinking when you're low, and becoming defensive when you're in trouble,
aching to envelope all your feelings, all my feelings, until we become whole again?
but you don't feel it. you can't allow it, 
because you don't know,
and I always expect you to--because I know, long before I ask,
somehow, I know, and somehow, you don't. 
it's witchcraft, this. have you voodoo-ed me? 






No comments:

Post a Comment