Saturday, February 09, 2019

unreality

playing in my mind
walking through forests of uncertainty
dew droplets shimmering like some kind of incandescent
hidden giddiness
smoke billowing into rays of sunshine
every morning a choice,
every evening a consequence

"eat it up, it's yours"

I don't want to but I can't stop
I never wanted to start
fever dreams bleeding into a porous reality,
trusting the sponge of my senses while it's completely
saturated with tainted versions of the stories I tell myself

"just take it"

reaching out but I can't feel it
am I dreaming?
the glittery outline taunts me with its promise  of something
tangible, a void-filling presence that is exactly what
everyone is telling me I want

shh, shh, shh,
sounds of the wind echo closer
or is it the ocean?


No comments:

Post a Comment