Monday, January 23, 2017

okayokayokay

traffic with no signals,
rushing, crashing, slowing,
never coming to a stop but
never quite finding the right intersection.

Turn! the GPS commands,
stop! calls your backseat driver,
but you can't,
because your foot is tied to the pedal,
and your hands are heavy on the wheel

give a little; take a little,
that's what you hear,
but how much can you take
when you've given all you have

hiding has never been easy for me
I'm too big, too loud, too silly,
and I'm here, trying to hide behind the door,
but you can see my foot and
You've caught me.

Apologies, curses,
you're reading in front of the class,
and you've stopped suddenly,
eyes burning into you,
wondering,
wondering,
asking questions without words

and its tumbling further away
and you're eating more than you can hold,
holding more than you can handle,
handling more than you are allowed
Allowing more than they told you to

The end.



No comments:

Post a Comment