Saturday, November 09, 2013

about a nobody.

Interlaced in your fingers is a twine made out of stars, twisting and swirling their light between your rough knuckles. Your hands remind me of the kind of worn-down sandpaper that tingles your skin when it makes contact and is thrilling in a strange, whimsical way. Euphoria and insomnia are your favorite words and, as much as I hate to admit it, I love them because you do. Your hair reminds me of the spun gold in Rumpelstiltskin, and your eyes leave traces of forever in every place they wander to. I think it's the freckles that invite me so willingly to remember and the never-changing smile that reminds me of the nearest future.
Please, start running and never come back.
Please, find a portal and enter in without hesitation.
Please, give me a reason to rent a moving truck.

JUST LEAVE ME ALONE OKAY

I never want to see those handsome dimples again.


If you think you know who this is about,
it isn't you or anyone else.
It isn't nobody.

1 comment: