Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Don't.

Don't Bother  Me.
i'm Planning on typing on my typewriter
        love poems
        letters
        lyrics
You could find me stuck in my book
        Cold Sassy Tree
         the Blue Castle
         Tuesdays with Morrie
I mess around on my iPod
         it's white
         and helpful
Wait for me while I
        Fill this canteen
        wrap these boots
        sneak this gingerbread house
If you want, we can
        Dance.
        Sing
        or write
I will do everything I want,
and nothing I should
Anything fun,
and nothing productive.
Let's jump on the tramp
and imagine the sky
          Nobody can stop us
I could possibly have homework
          history,
          math,
          physics.
But let's not do it,
and pretend its not there.
Don't Bother Me.
While I'm Daydreaming,
         Of you,
         of colors,
         of food
I'll be hidden in the tree
          drawing pictures
           or singing
           or sleeping
Don't Bother Me
unless you're here
to forget about this
and be yourself.
Don't
Unless this intrigues you
unless you're carefree
unless you want me.

No comments:

Post a Comment